Is learning English alone possible?
A question I get every now and then is: Jeremy, can you learn English alone? Briefly, I will try to give an answer to this.
Some things yes, Some things no…
If you want to (with the right attitude) you can learn a lot of things alone when it comes to English. However, you need to know what.
What you can do alone:
I would say that you could easily start studying the following things:
– written grammar exercises: there are many sites that offer such exercises
– listening: the internet is full of resources. Those who wish to buy CDs can check out my other articles in the Listening Section.
– reading: read online or buy a ‘graded reader’: check out the section on Reading for further info.
Things you have to do with a native teacher
There are other areas where it is vital to have a native English teacher. Look for teacher in your city or else follow one of our English courses on Skype.
– Pronunciation and conversation: Speaking
– Correction of written texts: the teacher will help you understand your errors and teach you the phrases and structures that you are lacking.
– it is fine to see them in isolation for the first time, but then you will need to understand the context and use along with your English teacher.
As always . . .
As always, if you need any info or help with anything, write to me on email@example.com or call on 049 789 7071 to speak to me.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.